View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Greatest Guitarist ever....

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Mark might be good, but what does he have to show for it? Creed? That band didn't exactly showcase his prowess on the 6-string, and I imagine that most critics probably wouldn't even think of considering a member of any of the late wave of post-grunge artists (nickelback, default, the calling, etc. etc. etc., even if their guitarists truly aren't as good as mark). Alter Bridge? Although a handful of songs do demonstrate his shredding ability, they've put out one album, and one that was hardly a commercial success. Yes, I know bands don't need commercial success to be truly awesome, but it just seems to me that everything non-Stapp from Creed just dropped off the radar pretty much after 2004.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to convey, but Mark has shown his guitar abilities at concerts and that is how people were made aware of what he can do. I think being in Creed masked that talent to a degree. I think this next album will prove to everyone how incredible Mark is on guitar. I don't know if you've seen the Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad video, if not, you will get an idea from watching this vid how talented Mark is as well as Myles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKFfR8mgEXQ