View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
lexmusic
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Overcome - In my Opinion...

Hello All,
I recently had the privilege to preview the upcoming 1st single from Creed entitled "Overcome". Being a music lover my entire life and working in the rock biz for the last decade, this is my take on the song. I feel that in every Creed album, MOP, Human Clay, and Weathered, each in their own right showed a consistent growth within the group regarding direction of the album and the ability to write great melody hooks, inspiring lyrics, and rock music instrumentation that just gives you a solid punch in the face. While giving "Overcome" a first-run listen. I noticed a powerful emotional melody, inspiring lyrics, speaking about the ability and entitlement to be able to overcome any obstacle, no matter the size or stature. The music, well the music just 'effin rocked!!! I have to say, by the 3rd listen CHILLS RAN DOWN MY SPINE... Haven't had that happen in a long while...This song not only shows amazing growth within the group, it seems that they are once again working as a "band of brothers" coming together as a single unit waiting to unleash a rage of unharnessed musical power on their audiences. The solo from Tremonti is nothing short of amazing. He continues his quest to be one of the most influential rock guitar gods of this, or any time in music history. I am very proud to be one of the few that got to preview this track off of Full Circle. It just makes me so anxious to hear what is in store for the remainder of the album!! I do not write this to tease anyone, just "overcome" with emotion and had a desire to share my feelings!!! Can't wait until the 25th when all of you cherished friends of Creed get to share my enthusiasm!!!
All the best,
LexMusic