Thread: Mark's singing
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #96
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark's singing

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You asked for other "good" baritones, and so I named a couple that are fairly known. I could name some more that I think are good(like Matt Hammit of Sanctus Real, for instance) but you probably wouldn't know who they were.

Meh, true. If I am going to go into the land of the unknown bands I try to find unique ones, not just more modern rock.

Quote: One thing: you're absolutely CRAZY if you think Stapp sounds like Brad Arnold(that is his name, right?)

I am crazy, actually. But also, you are right, normally they don't sound *too* alike. But on this one song he sounded just like Stapp for quite a bit of time, just showing to me that sounding like Stapp isn't hard a all.

Quote: BTW, I don't listen to Stapp all the time(I've been more into U2 and a bunch of other artists lately) and I've only been a Creed fan for 3-4 years. But when I hear just one or two seconds of him singing, I know exactly who it is. Even my niece and nephew do(and I have put them to the test on that.....and they only know one or two Creed songs). I still think Stapp has a fairly unique voice.

Well I don't quite get it. I mean, even if I were co concede that Stapp has a kind of unique voice (which I don't think he does), it would be in the sense that no one sings EXACTLY like him, but still, EVERYONE sings like he does. Deep throaty, grungy. As an example, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, etc. etc. all sound differnet, but they are all generic boring pop singers with nothing to really offer. Stapp doesn't sound exactly like everyone else but he sings the same exact way. Nothing interesting about him.