View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
hockeymom97
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
How Creed Saved my Sons Life

Here is the short but to the point story that many of you asked for.

My son is 14 years old and a Freshman in highschool. When he was 13, he was headed down the wrong path in life. He was trying to find out who he was and where he belonged in this world. His biological father left when he was 3 months old. He choose drugs over his son. With all the normal teenage issues he was really struggling. He decided to start to hang with the completely wrong crowd, turned to drugs, started failing in school and completely gave up on his dream of playing college hockey and making it to the NHL. He has been playing hockey since he was 4 years old. That has always been his lifelong dream.

One day he was listening (really listening) to their CD. Not sure which one, but he came upstairs and apologized for the last year. I could see the hurt in his eyes and asked him what happened to realize what he was doing. He told me that something in their lyrics just clicked in him. From that day on he stopped hanging around with that group of friends, got off the drugs and brought his grades up. He also went back to playing hockey with all his heart. Now he is looking forward to finishing highschool, hopefully getting a college scholarship to play hockey and reliving his dream to make it to the NHL. Whenever he is having a troubled day, he pops in his Creed CD's and that seems to bring him up again. I will forever be greatful to Creed for giving me my son back. I will stand behind this band 100% and never give up on them.

I wrote a letter to Scott Stapp with 2 guardian angels to keep him and Jaggar close to eachothers hearts and safe while they were apart like his music keeps my son safe. I sent it to Creedink. Not sure if he ever got them, but at least it made me feel like I could let him know what he means to us.

Thats it. That's my sons story.