View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 02:24 AM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122)
As far as Cantrell....I wonder how standoffish and stuck up he and his band acted. My impression of them in concert was less than great...and when I actually saw them in Moline...they acted like they were "the shit" of the music scene. They walked right past fans without so much as a glance....that's shitty no matter who does it.
You must have caught him on a bad day. Maybe it was right after Layne Staley died. In any event, just as you said, they have good and bad days. I saw Jerry Cantrell three times that year and he kicked ass each time and was grateful and very appreciative of the crowds. You should hear the boot of the show at the World in NYC on 11/08/02. He thanks the crowd countless times for coming out and giving him and his band such a great reception. Same thing in Philly and in Connecticut, about how those towns have been so good to him over the years. I've heard more good than bad about Jerry. *shrugs*

And as for his thoughts on Creed, he was asked a question and he answered it as tactfully as he could. That's one thing about Jerry, he won't BS people.