View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Creed_zakon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
2nd PIECE

2nd PIECE

Since TEN came out Pearl Jam has a fanclub called Tenclub and every year they send 2 newsletters with so many interesting thing for the fans and very thoughtful things and also 1 christmas single on vynil. There are about 30000 fanclub members since TEN came out. Every fanclub can preorder a ticket for any concert of a tour and take a special treatment (the best seats) . I think this is a great way to show to the fans love and respect . With every next album , sales are falling but Pearl Jam just continued to work what they do the best ... make great rock music and not care a lot about the sales .
Every Pearl Jam album is different ... you can't compare any of them ... the creativity is everytime different and the guys are experimenting a lot and they still enjoy what they do and they do it great . The album sales of their last efforts are great for a band that is not making videos and a lot of interviews and promotion .
Pearl Jam did so many benefit concerts and so many million to support organizations that need money especially a lot of benefit concerts in their hometown .
I am bored to write more but i really want to tell you some things and you might take them serious and you might take a different decision about some things ...
Eddie is one of the greatest front men in the world and also one of the smartest which he proved with his quotes , with his lyrics , with his words , with his acts ... He never dissrespected one of the older influences just to say that he/PJ is/are better . I mean if you all here are about the music you should all check more on the net about Pearl Jam and what they were doing these 12 years ......
Now i wanna say some things about Creed ...... well My Own Prison was something that make me happy and i liked that album so much ... great guitar , great vocal , something that reminded me of my favourite band Pearl Jam ... i was so happy ... i liked the music also , some mid tempo , some hard tracks , some mellow ... it was all really great ... All this was a big reason for me to check more and to dig into Creed like every future fan of a band should dig deeper ...... At first it was all so good and i remember reading so many interviews where i find that Scott was more into U2 and Doors stuff and Mark was into metal stuff Slayer , Metalica and so . It looked like a really interesting combination . I didn't see many similarities between Creed and Pearl Jam except vocals but if you have trained ear you will everytime know who is Stapp and who is Eddie , and also after listening PJ a lot , Stapp i can say has a deeper voice but not better . Eddie can so easy catch any high note , you don't believe then check any live versions of any song and i have some live versions and live videos where Stapp is struggling to catch some notes . I can say Stapps voice is very good on the albums but singing live is what is more important and what is respected more , i think anyone agrees . How i started to not like Creed like i used to : first i remember i read an interview where stapp says this :

SlayerRob asks: Scott,some have compared you to Eddie Vedder of Pearl
Jam...what do you think of that comparison?
ROL_guest: Scott S: I kick his ass completely!Eddie Vedder keeps changing
his vocal style.

I dont see any respect here from Stapp to Vedder . I also in that interview Stapp said that he liked Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock who were the most popular 'rap rockers' in that time . I think he said that just to catch more fans and to be cool or something . I mean how can someone who listened to Morrison and Bono now like Limp Bizkit . I think i am right about this cause after a while happend the accident with Limp Bizkit , you know what i am talking about .
This was the first thing that somehow said to me "don't like this band anymore like you used to" . Then I remember that Marshalls interview which i think happend somewhere in Seattle on some radio station , in the Pearl Jam land , where he said that Eddie wishes he could write like Stapp . Interesting . I hope Brian heard all the albums and all the songs . But it was just an opinion , but at the same time it was very offensive which was a mistake that can hurt so many Pearl Jam fans that liked Creed , the ones like myself . It hurt bad . But Stapp is very clever and knew about that and maybe do the right thing . I am sure he also did what he did cause of the financial point of view . Pearl Jam is very respected of the music comunity and saying something against them can hurt Creed a lot . But how the Creed story continued . I even couldn't wait for the next album , i was so curious to see what else can Creed offer . I honestly must say that i was not impresed with Human Clay . What i heard was heavy guitar on everysong and almost every song seemed like default Creed song which is not a good thing . I thought that they realised that the formula with the My Own Prison is really good and can sell many copies and they use it on this record also . Anyway i again didn't stop liking Creed but however i was not a fan like i used to .
I just thought that Creed wanted to make so much money while they can ...... and why must Scott do all that poses in the videos ... i mean he is pretty , if he thinks to sell records with his beauty i don't like him anymore . I was still ok . But i said to myself that i'll give Creed last chance with Weathered . I again was excited to hear this album and again Creed with their same formula . Songs with lyrics that can everyone relate to , catchy melodies , and again heavy guitar by Tremonti(Lullaby was the only acoustic mellow track) . What i am trying to say with this ? I dont say the songs are similar . I am saying they all start mellow and calm and the chorus or the end of the song goes harder . I want to say that the concept of the songs is the same only there is different solo in each of them . Pity For A Dime , In America , One , Faceless Man , Who's Got My Back , One Last Breath , Is This The End , To Whom It May Concern , Weathered etc . They all start with beautiful Tremonti intro , then the song starts mellow and Stapp is singing not screaming . Then later in the song or the 2nd chorus , i don't know why , but Stapp must sing loud or scream and Tremonti's guitar goes on dystorsion , heavy sound . Hey , don't get me wrong , i like these songs and i see a lot of talent here but i don't see a lot of creativity from Creed . Why they never try to expariment with something new and to be unique to be remembered of that . I can't find even 2 Pearl Jam songs that have same concept and sound a like . I of course can't put Pearl Jam and Creed in the same kind of rock cause Creed is i must say heavier cause of Mark's guitar but after listening a lot of Creed it sometimes seems like listening the same song with a little different chords or riffs .
What else . Also i even can't imagine Pearl Jam recording a video like My Sacrifice , or One Last Breath . If you can imagine this :

<Director> Ok Ed, now pull yourself up outta the water.
<Ed> Huh?
<Director> Ed, can you give me a little more action with your arms
and hands, maybe clench them and then act like your praying.
<Matt> Is it really nessesary to have all this water om my drum
kit??!
<Mike> Well at least youre not down IN the shit playing an electric
guitar!!!
<Director> Ed.... i need you to open your shirt a little..... CAN WE
GET SOME MORE WIND IN HERE.... WE NEED MORE WIND BLOWING EDDIE'S
HAIR!

Isn't this redicilous ........... i mean why Stapp continues with his higher-than-God poses on the videos ...... i can see only one reason ... trying to be cool ...... I don't know how Scott likes this but if i was on his place i don't want to see tenagers at my concerts that like my face more than my music if he only matters about his music. If he matters only about the money i understand him . He is not stoping with all these expencive videos that are overplayed on MTV . Go to a Pearl Jam concert . I bet 99% of the audience is there for the music . I know a lot of you even one more time attended to a Pearl Jam concert and you saw what kind of a crowd is that , crowd that respects music , that knows what is rock music . On every Pearl Jam concert band members wear normal clothes reminding us that the money didn't changed them . I see Stapp on the concert with 2 earings, so many decorations on his hands , face , make-up , leather panths and so on ... why doesn't he try to learn to play guitar more than preparing that he plays on Stand Here With Me . Eddie is playing on every album after TEN and also he plays at least on the half of the set with the band at a concert. So you can imagine how much better is when you hear 3 guitars in Pearl Jam and only Mark in Creed .

continue reading with the 3rd PIECE