Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #3218
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Moving Forward Apart but Together...

Now close your eyes, and mentally picture yourself, radiant, strong, successful, happy, full of the joy and zest of life. See yourself treading a path that leads ever upwards. Behind you the air is murky and gloomy, but in front is increasing brightness and loveliness. See yourself progressing, climbing, winning. See yourself trampling old habits and weaknesses under your feet. See yourself meeting difficulties in your path, and see yourself, sustained by a mighty inward power, brushing all obstructions aside, and never faltering in your upward climb.

Concentrate with all your powers upon

this mental imagery. Persevere until you can see yourself radiant, sublime, shorn of all weaknesses and imperfections, the perfect image of your perfect self. See yourself full of vitality and health, see yourself successful, attracting both people and affluence to you. Make a concrete, sharply defined image in your mind of yourself as you desire to be; see yourself master of circumstances, attracting all good things by the power of your mental forces.

Last night I had a patient from India. He was in his mid twenties, lived here for 11 years. Now has a degree, came strictly for education and success. I loved him because he seemed so innocent and had gotten addicted to beer, cigarettes and weed. I was immediately taken by his spirit and we began talking about life. I told him I wanted to visit India because since I was very little everyone always thought I was from India...He even asked if I was from his country. When I told him I wanted to visit India...do you know what he responded with? He said..."WE want you to come!" He began teaching me about the culture and said they are taught English in grammer school. He speaks 5 different languages... fascinating human being.

Anyway...I told him he had to start taking better care of himself. I got tickled because he was so innocent with his responses. I shared with him I overcame some addictions and told him beer got me in trouble because I loved the taste of it. He said...LOL... I drink and smoke weed because I love the way it makes me feel, He said I go to Miami and party..ohhh..it was amazing time." LOL...He said it with that little Indian accent...His eyes wide and smiling...so innocently...but in severe pain because his love of Bud Light has led to severe problems with the pancreas which is "severely" painful.

I had to give him Morphine with Ativan to even touch it... He said in his accent, That is so much better than the Aleve I take at home...He said, Can I buy this?...LOL...He tickled me again. I had to tell him you can't just buy it over the counter.

Anyway he began asking me how I stopped drinking and smoking ...and I shared my life with him. LOL..He took notes... He was amazed...at how I did it and really feel that maybe he is going to be ok. He inspired me to visit India one day. I love the Indian people, so connected spiritually to them.

Last edited by Sasa : 03-15-2013 at 09:07 PM.