View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:29 PM   #53
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by joy division) i think people need to realize that now a days and more so in the future, Creed is going to be looked at as a group that people will never admit to liking....kinda like Vanilla Ice.

thats going to be the #1 reason why AB and Stapp will never be selling out arenas or having huge selling albums. a big part of Creed's audience was the same crowd who bought NSYNC in 2000. but people grow up and their musical tastes mature.

no one really wants anything to do with Creed anymore. the general public isnt going to embrace Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp. i'll be surprised if either record goes platinum.

now with that being said, all of you guys are ridiculous. its just music. if Stapp really likes the music he's making and it only sells 100,000 copies then SO WHAT?? would that be a failure? not at all. commercially maybe but to the artist it wouldnt be. that applies to Alter Bridge as well. they look like theyre having a blast they say that they're making the best music of their lives. they like their music - if it doesnt sell SO WHAT??

FACE REALITY EVERYBODY (THAT INCLUDES ALL OF YOU). YOURE NOT GOING TO GET THE PAST BACK. TRY TO SEE WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT.

-your favorite newbie.

Well lets put it this way. I subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio. They have about 1 million subscribers. A week or two ago on Octane, their modern/hard rock channel, the DJ Steve Cavino said; That Open Your Eyes is our most requested song on Octane.
I don't think people have a problem with admitting that they like Creed or AB.