View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #47
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Gold & Platium - Certification

This explins how the certs are met. From how I read it the certs are based off albums shipped (minus returns) and then sold. You cannot ship 500,000 units and call that a gold record. The album needs to be audited by the RIAA first. First week sales of One Day Remains were at 95,000 units, putting it 405,000 units shy of a gold record. According to the RIAA database (which is accesible from the link above) Alter Bridge isn't certified anything as of yet.
Now the RIAA database may be behind, I don't know I don't work for them. In any case I would think that Wind-Up would have put the fact that Alter Bridge went gold up on their site if it had happened as they have put up the certs for the rest of the bands.... Seether DISCLAIMER- gold, Finger Eleven SELF TITLED - Platinum in Canada, Evanescence FALLEN - Platinum in 35 countries including 5X in the US, Creed - 30 million worldwide.

I still think comparing it to MOP is silly as ODR is silly as Alter Bridge has a built in fan base and has quite alot of hype behind it that MOP & Creed didn't have.