View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #25
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) so those who have down-syndrome for instance face cruelty in life? i disagree with that, many people with disablities live very happy lives and are very optimistic people even if they need help with many basic things. i don't like the thought of getting dementia for instance but i think a society should be helping the less fortunate, not getting rid of them. we can agree to disagree.....
I can't put it into the right words without making it sound horrible. I didn't actually mean people with down syndrome, I know that most of them live happy lives, I have a cousin who is effected by downsyndrome and he lives a good life. I meant people who have diseases that leave them capable of nothing at all. Like in Terri's case, you know the kind of diseases that I mean, I just don't know the names of them, lol. I think today's society with down syndrome is great, here we are very supportive and there are alot of events that they can go to, etc, it's really good here. And it would be great if the society could help the ones with incurable diseases, but there is nothing we can do! Nothing. That's why it's cruel to leave people like that alive, there is nothing anyone can do, I say it's better to put them to rest in peace.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) how can you assume to know what ANYONE would want? if there is any doubt shouldn't we err on the side of caution? the way she died (starvation) to me is cruel. anyway i don't want a start an argument over this but a lively debate i can handle!
I just can't understand why anyone would want to be kept alive. I honestly just don't understand, why would you live for nothing? Don't get me wrong I feel absolutley awful for everyone in the world that has to live with some kind of disease, but why would there be a point in life? It just makes me sad!
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006