View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Perhaps, and I noticed that too. I expected that the official album version of the song would be more edited, but I guess maybe Stapp/his producer were going for that raw sound? I mean, he kinda screams in that one, and no it doesn't sound that good, but maybe that was the sound that they were going for.
It's a difference between screaming and not hitting the notes/voice cracking. I had hopes that it wasn't the final CD-cut, but now that VH1 has it up, it seems that it is. It's a shame the man can't sing as good as he used to. Technically he's SO much worse!! And when he was young he had a special rage in his voice... That's all gone now. Back in Creed Stapp was this struggleing young man who was very angry and thought that if enough people came together, they can make a difference. Now he's more like "black and white". Just two normal colours... Just... Just Stapp. That fighting spirit is gone.

Compare:
My Own Prison to Relearn Love
Ode to Reach Out
What's This Life For to Sublime
Illusion to Justify
Unforgiven to Fight Song
Pity For A Dime to Surround Me

If you compare those songs I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Many of those songs I listed there from TDG are pretty good, even lyrical. But the spirit, man, the spirit... You'll have to agree with me... The spirit is gone.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 11-23-2005 at 04:15 AM.