Old 11-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #2339
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) November 23rd

"A good motive turns bad on the hinge of selfishness."

A good-Samaritan-turned-bad saved a woman's life and then stole her purse. Police in Los Angeles said that a passerby had noticed a distressed woman getting ready to jump off a bridge. The man struggled with the woman until she broke free and then fell back onto the concrete and was knocked unconscious. That's when the surprise came. According to witnesses, the suspect then grabbed the woman's purse and ran off.

That man's outrageous behavior illustrates the pattern of the Pharisees. They too seemed ready to go to the rescue of others (Matthew 23:15). They were advertised as men of prayer, men of the Scriptures, champions of the faith, and helpers of the needy. But the intentions of their hearts revealed that they were actually thieves and exploiters of people.

None of us is above such behavior. We too can reach out to others with an honest desire to help them, yet underneath we may become more interested and concerned about our own welfare than about theirs.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe . . . and have neglected . . . justice and mercy and faith.

Matthew 23:23

Heaven

brother there is no perfect rescue now a days i guess the dude figured he would just go ahead and take his reward for his great deed i find it funny david cant help it BUT SERIOUS thats a good point you made THE FLESH IS MADE TO PLEASE ITS SELF And Sometimes We Do Get Caught Up In It GLORY TO GOD It Is Its a constant battle GLORY TO GOD THE LORD THY GOD WEIGHS THE DEEDS OF THE HEART AND THE INTENT THEREOF Now The Pharisees Brother Have A Long Record PRAISE JESUS HE DID TELL US TO BE WHERE OF THEME We Fight The Glorfied Battle Praise Jesus PRAISE GOD DAVID i find very few deeds Of Herods Army And Pharisees Here But Awsome Post Great To Point Out And The Scriptures surley backs your post speaking of the pharisees ECC 12,17 IM JUST HAVING A GREAT TIME IN THE WORD TONITE And I Turned Myself To Behold Wisdom And Madness PRAISE JESUS And Folly OH HE GREW THE TREE, And as we Read The Word We Surley Know Why And He Beheld Folly For What Can The Man Do That Cometh After The King Even That Which Hath Been Already Done Then I Saw That Wisdom Excelleth folly As Far As The Light Excelleth Darkness The Wise Mans Eyes Are In His Head But The Fool Walketh In Darkness And I Myself Perceived Also That One Event Happenth To Theme All Then Said I In My Heart As It Happend To The Fool So It Happend To Me And Was I Then More Wise Then I Said In My Heart This Is Also Vantiy For There Is No More Remembrance Of The Wise More Than Of The Fool For Ever Seeing That Which Now Is The Days To Come Shall All Be Forgoten And How dieth The Wise Man Than As The Fool Therefore I hated life because The Work That Is Wrought Under The Sun Is Grievous unto me Foe Alll Is Vantiy And Vexation Spirt Glory To God And Guys Nows The Time If I Wanted To Be Vain And Look Smart I,d Slowly Be Removing My Glasses And Looking At you PRAISE JESUS EVEN THOUGH HE WAS MADE A LITTLE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS Today And Even More So Today HE IS QUESTIONED Well Its Still Genuine THERE WAS ONLY ONE PERFECT THERE WAS ONLY ONE WITH OUT VANTIY THERE WAS ONLY ONE WAY ONE TRUTH ONE LIFE THAT EVEN THE OLD TESTAMENT CRIED OUT TO And That Was Jesus Christ King Of King And Lord Of Lords Matt 26 verse 52, Jesus Said Put Up Again Thy Sword into his place For All That Take The Sword Shall Perish With The Sword Think Not Oh Think Not That I Cnt Pray To My Father And He Shall Present With GIVE ME MORE THAN 12 Legions of Angels BUT HOW THEN SHALL THE SCRPTURES BE FULFILLED HE SAID THAT IT MUST BE, PRAISE JESUS MOSES COULD,nt SAVE FULLY None Of The Prophets Wore His Shoes To Calavary