View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM   #98
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thing is... I AIN'T EVEN CATHOLIC! The RA on the floor above mine isn't Catholic either, but she gave up pop and candy, and said it would be good for everyone to join in. One of the other guys suggested Creed. Luckily, I only have to give up listening to them or watching them on TV (including recordings) but can still spend my time here with all of you beautiful people.

It was either that, or the other suggestion of Pro-Wrestling. To be technical, they said I had to give up WWF, and it's been WWE for the past 3 years, so I agreed. I also realized that I could give up the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) with no problem, but they changed it to "televised wrestling." I missed two episodes when I was in Mexico, and the storyline completly changed. I think I can at least not listen to Creed for 40 days, and there won't be any changes to their goings-on.

Another guy on my floor pointed out something wonderful... "I thought God gave up his son so we don't have to be forced to give something up and not fear damnation."

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"