Thread: Creed's legacy?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 05:54 AM   #25
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You seem to have some condtractions that i'ld like to point out. You don't like RATM and weren't overly impressed with Soundgarden but you like Audioslave. Audioslave basically sounds like RATM with some Cornell type songs such as I Am the Highway and Shadow on the Sun. I prefer Audioslave to RATM simply because of Cornell vocals and lyrics. Add the fact that Cornell's lyrics with Eurphoria Morning, TOTD and Soundgarden were better then anything in Audioslave's debut. Compare "The Day I Tried to Live" or "Fell on Black Days" to anything in Audioslave's debut album.

While I don't think Creed are by any means PJ, AIC or SG ripoffs they were undoubtely influenced by them and other bands that I think are much more generic such as Nickelback much more so.

I think Creed will be remembered as that "christian rock band" who wrote WAWO and lets hope that people can discover how good Mark really is. I'm also hoping that Philips really improves for this album for the new band.