View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: "He who attempts to overcome evil with evil, may perhaps surpass his enemy in doing injury, but it is to his own ruin; for by acting thus he carries on war for the devil" Calvin

Which Calvin is this? The one of the reformation?
This man was a shame to the Gospel...

:lol...sounds a bit judgemental there Light...

not sure if it is the same "Calvin"...but could possibly be...seems to me that these particular words have quite the ring of Karma about them...kinda what goes around comes around, kinda thing.

you have quoted a lot of interesting passages...heaven...nice to see you again btw...

this one hit me too...

Quote: "Do not, by giving place to evil, become precisely the same character which thou condemnest in another. (Clarke)

many have quoted this in the context of "don't become that which you despise"...again...very Karmic.

All scripture...in all religions....has had a common source from the very beginning...and tho "Karma" is not a Christian concept...according to the organised Christian "religion" it does have a place in all spiritual belief, i have noticed.

"evil" is the greatest of negativities...and it must be counter balanced with the "good" (positive)...notice the word play here...evil with a "D" = Devil....and good - "O" = GOD...therefore...devil=evil...and God=good...just a bit more "word play" to think about...