View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 12:31 PM   #49
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) What difference does it make to all of you who opposed to same sex marriages? Does it personally affect you at all? Do this people come into your homes and interact with you personally? What difference does it make if they can get married? I'm with Lech on this(Never thought I would say that!!) Let them get married!!!! Some of these couples have been together for years and years. They love they same way we do so, please people get off your high horses about the whole religious aspect of it. We don't know exactly what GOD was thinking! Were you all there when he said what you are all claiming he said about homosexuality!!! Yes, I understand it is written that it is wrong but times have changed and so has society. I think this issue is soo stupid. There are soo many other more important issues that should be being addressed than this! Let them get married because they aren't hurting me in anyway! That's my and now I'm done!
I'll admit that it doesn't personally affect me. But there are those of us who have morals on certain issues and adhere to them. And what do you mean we don't know what God was thinking? Um, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. And while, technically, it was written by other people, the Bible, to paraphrase a verse (whose location I do not recall), "is God-breathed". Plus, why would He create opposite sexes if He felt homosexuality were okay? Where's the purpose in that? Why not, instead, just create a race of beings with both penises and vaginas and allow them to recreate with anyone and themselves. Wouldn't that be more "efficient"? And there are those of us who believe that the ways in which society has changed over time are very detrimental to humanity. Prevalence of drugs, I'm sure many people would agree, is a bad change we've had in recent years. Terrorism has become especially prevalent and more noticed in recent years, and there's only a very very very small handful of people in this world that would argue it's necessary. IMO, "times change" is just a cliche used by people without really understanding the effects of these changes. Of course, with people complaining about overpopulation, maybe we should legalize homosexuality.