View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 11:23 AM   #47
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Do you support removing the word "God" from the Pledge of Allegiance? Do you support removing any instance of Christmas from public schools (i.e. no Christmas break, only "winter break", no christmas trees in the schools, etc.)? I for one am against both of these issues, and those don't affect me personally. It's the tradition that is being ruined here. That is my whole point.

Here's the thing -- word Chistmas break does not affect anyone in a bad way. It is a tradition that is harmless. Legalized gay bashing is an obsolite and closeminded tradition.

Having traditions is nice, but not all of them are good and fit for mordern day, so some should defenetly be getting rid of, because hurting others just so people like you would say "man at least we still have our traditions!" is plain dumb.

P.S. Women not having right to vote was a tradiion for longest time, and yet people did get rid of it... 'no gay marriges law' is in the same category as 'no women voting' law.