View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Music Recommendations?

Well, all of Zep rocks. I think I've got all their songs (certainly studio albums). Pretty glorious, indeed. Some other big ones: The Who also, you might try sort of the interconnected family of British blues-rock bands from the '60s: Clapton, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek & the Dominos, John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. there's also The Yardbirds while we're on British rock, The Rolling Stones are pretty solid, definitely can't go wrong there. same for the Beatles. and you may not have heard of The Guess Who (Lenny Kravitz covered perhaps their biggest song, American Woman, a few years back). But they've got other good'uns. I'm also a fan of prog-rock. Rush is always a titillating experience. Lately, I've been listening to a fair amount of Emerson Lake & Palmer and Peter Gabriel (he was also a part of Genesis, so you could also try that). Gosh, this is so ridiculous. I've barely touched the tip of the iceberg of my music collection. if you're looking for Southern Rock, you may try, in addition to Skynyrd, the Allmans, and 38 Special, Ozark Mountain Daredevils (they're pretty big around here, as they're from this Springfield), Molly Hatchet, and the Marshall Tucker Band. any other genres in which you might be interested. Celtic? (Enya/Clannad, among others) Scandinavian Experimental Rock? (Sigur Rós) Christian hardcore? (Demon Hunter). Oy, that's a wee bit to get you started.