View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #7
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The restored...dont even get me started..
whatcha got?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) So lemme and everyone else here get this straight....
The Church of Jesus Chirst of the Latter-day Saints believes that people can be saved after they die by having them baptized.
Correct? After they die?.

congrats, youre learning

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Wha??? Man, wheres that from??? Show me. Gimme a verse, elder.

John 5:25 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."
John 5:28 "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice"
1 peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison"

any questions?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) The corinthian church were told that they were wrong.
nope, try again
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) A sprinkling on a babys head.

sorry, we dont baptise babies, and we do baptism by immersion.
now lets review the nessecity of baptism:
John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God"
Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be [/b] baptized [/b]
every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:48 "And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days."
Acts 22:16 "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and [/b]
be baptized[/b], and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
Titus 3:5 "Not by works of arighteousness which we have done, but according to his bmercy he saved us, by the [/b]
washing[/b] of regeneration, and drenewing of the Holy Ghost;
1 peter 3:21 "The like figure whereunto [/b] even baptism doth also now save us [/b] (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"

I think thats enough for now
oh yeah, we dont dig up bodies, but through the restored priesthood, we are baptised for them.
anyway, continuing on those who dont think baptism is necessary(sp?) anymore:
Galatians 1:6-7 "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."
2 timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Oh and now that U R an elder they must have confided in you about getting your own planet. Right? So what do U think of that? We never heard back from U.
thats right "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new