View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #23
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) I've got an even more reasonable argument. Why would one prefer the whiney vocals of MK over the deep tones of Scott Stapp, something characteristic only of Creed, the band that actually inspired these forums? You guys gave up on Stapp. Bottom line.

I'm not debating the differences between Stapp and MK, but if I were to post a clip of a Creed bootleg from 1998 and one from 2002, Stapp doesn't have "deep tones" in his vocals. His voice cracks and it's very harsh. Stapp's voice has gone to hell since the end of the Human Clay tour, and it's well documented in all of the bootlegs that have been released. His voice on the album is all digitized and edited. I'd be very interested in seeing if he can pull off another tour, or if half way through he'll start getting throat problems again. That's the big difference with Stapp. Early in Creed' career, Stapp sounded perfect on the albums AND in concert. However at the end, he sounded like sh!t in concert. All his throat problems deteriorated his voice. I've been a Creed fan since day one, and I've consistantly said this same thing, even back on the Creednet BB. It's the facts and the bottom line.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"