View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #3
Chris98GT
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
T'was indeed an amazing show.

Only thing I have to add about the opening bands is that I liked Submersed even more tonight. I hung around and talked to them after the show, extremely nice guys. Whenever they come back to Chicago on their own, I'll be there.

Crossfade hardly has any stage presence at all. Even though they're a solid band, I could definitely do without seeing them again.

You know, I was thinking to myself early yesterday... "I wonder if this fan appreciation show has anything to do with the infamous Creed show 2 years ago? I wouldn't be surprised." Sure enough, Myles comes out and says tonight that the guys felt VERY strongly about coming back to Chicago and making up for that one show. Everyone cheered. At the end of the show, Myles even asked something to the effect of, "So have these guys made good? No hard feelings?" This just shows how embarassed they were for Stapp's behavior that night, and how much they really care about their fans here in Chicago, and everywhere else. They have all my support. Stapp on the other hand, can kiss my ass.

I think the highlight of tonight can be summed up in two words: Michael Angelo.

For those of you who don't know this guy, go read up on him here: http://www.angelo.com/ He came out with that double-necked guitar and fucking shredded the House of Blues to the ground. Plain and Simple. He was fucking amazing. Mark even said something about wanting to stop playing after seeing him.

The setlist was the same, but they mixed up the order of the songs. Highway Star was played right after Michael Angelo's performance, all in the main set, not the encore. The encore was simply acoustic ILM and OYE.

I really want to drive up to Milwaukee and see them for a 3rd night in a row, but I simply can't. It's 8:30AM, I haven't slept, and I'm sore from the last 2 nights. I think I'll hold off for a while.

I just gotta say, THANK YOU ALTER BRIDGE! You guys fucking rule. The fact that you came in and kicked our asses with 2 amazing shows, 1 of them basically free, means a lot. We really appreciate it. Please come back soon!!!!!

Last edited by Chris98GT : 10-02-2004 at 09:40 AM.