View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 07:40 PM   #41
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) A few months ago a couple of Mormons came to my door and started telling me about the Mormon religion. The conversation we had lasted close to an hour. Now a lot of things that the Mormons told me sounded very controversial, but the main one they talked about was the Trinity. They told me that they do not believe that Jesus and God are one. They believed that Jesus and God are separate beings. Is this a mistake or is this really a belief in the Mormon religion?

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who had blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
It is a belief that they are three seperate beings, yet they work together with one purpose.
Romans 8:38 says "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Also Acts 7:55-56 says "But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."

Here's what I've found on Revelation:
There are many conflicting sources. What is basically believed by historians, archeologist, etc. is that it could have been written either around 60 AD under Nero, or between about 90 and 92 AD under Domition. Long story short, it is primarily believed to be either during the same time, or just after, yet still before many of the other books.

-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"