View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 02:27 AM   #20
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Ok here's my thoughts after reading the last comments posted...

1. The shirt will be our own design, thus eliminating any problems with legal issues.

2. Because I'm not the greatest graphic artist, I'd like to have input and submissions from everyone interested in designing the shirt. Send in graphics you have on your computer or ones you find on sites. Make your own design. Whatever. Submit stuff to [email protected] - I will post full designs, partial designs, or whatever on a webpage and others can work off of them. Note: I ask that if you are sending in a design, you try to do so in Adobe Photoshop and submit a PDF - this way if changes need to be made, it's much easier to fix. It's ok if you don't or can't... just a suggestion

3. Regarding costs... I will research ways to get shirts made and how much it will cost per shirt. If we go the cafe press route (we can sell mousepads, bags, etc.) the price would be under $15 for a t-shirt and under $25-26 for a sweatshirt. With Cafe Press, I would be able to set any price I want for the shirts. If we go this route, I would pick the smallest price available... I think you get like $1.00 or maybe even less commission for each shirt that way... thus any money made from the sales would be extrememly minimal. As I stated before, this is not for making money.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"