View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Here's my review:

Well I got to the venue around 5:30pm or so. They had this "pre-show" party at The Rave Bar, a bar just inside the venue with a small stage. This is actually the place where Creed first performed in Milwaukee back in 1997. I jumped in line and met a few AB fans from ABB.net forums. A little after 7:00 pm they opened the doors to where AB was going to play - The Rave. I was in the "second row" so I had a great view of the stage.

Just before 8:00pm - Submersed. They are very good. They worked the audience well and their songs sound amazing live. They played 5 or 6 songs (I don't remember exactly) and then left the stage.

Around 9:00pm Crossfade took the stage. I personally didn't like them. They didn't fit in with the rest of the show IMO. A few of their songs were ok, but the DJ/keyboardist guy didn't seem to fit. I was disappointed because I do really like their radio single, and their album is decent.

After Crossfade I was really thirsty so I left my spot in the front and stood in the back for Alter Bridge. I was in the front for the whole show the night before in Chicago so I didn't mind going to the back for tonight's show. And actually they sounded much better further back from the stage.

Well when Alter Bridge took the stage you could feel the energy in the room. Everyone was excited and as the first note was struck you could tell it was going to be a good night. Throughout the set Myles seemed to be having so much fun. At one point in the set Myles picked up a sign from someone in the front row (from the ABB.net peeps) and read it - AlterBridgeBand.net. That was pretty cool of him to do that!

3/4ths of the way through the set Myles introduces Michael Angelo and Troy Stetina. First Mr. Angelo comes out with his double V guitar and shreds away on both. Wow he was amazing to watch. Then out comes Stetina who also shreds away for a few minutes. Then the rest of Alter Bridge comes out and they all jam Deep Purple's Highway Star. FOUR GUITARS! FOUR FRIGGEN GUITARISTS!!!!! Awsome!

A funny moment happened at the end during Open Your Eyes. Mark and Myles were moving around the stage and at the very end of the song when Mark is supposed to sing his lines, he was on the other side of the stage with no mic. After he realized he was supposed to be singing he moved over to his mic, passing Myles with a big grin on his face! He ended up singing his second line but missed the first. It was ok though as the crowd covered Mark heh - everyone else sang it for him.

Setlist was:

One Day Remains
Watch Your Words
Broken Wings
Burn It Down
Metalingus
The End Is Here
Shed My Skin
Highway Star
In Loving Memory
Open Your Eyes

After the show, thanks to Michael, I was able to stay and meet the band at the "After Show" party. It was very cool to yet again talk with Michael in person (he's such a great guy) and then speak with Mark, Brian, and Flip. Myles didn't come out because his throat was scrathy and bothering him due to singing three nights in a row. I guess he went straight to the bus after the show. Hope he's feeling better!

Thanks to Michael for everything, including getting me my VIP pass when the venue box office told me three times they didn't have it (and told me to go to the wrong place to get it too!). Next time let me know that the VIP pass lets me go backstage

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"