View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #45
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh. I love U2, and think they have some very Christian elements. I certainly don't think it was a problem that Creed had very Christian elements. I mean, anyone who has been to F&R knows I am a hugely devoted Christian and I definitely don't mind that flavor in my music.

My problem was that he seemed to try to promote and deny that image at the same time, although like I have said before this was not all Stapp's fault, as much as I wouldn't mind it being. WU wanted to do the very same thing. They wanted Creed to be a Christianish band for the Bible belt and wanted them to be rockstars for everywhere else. That isn't all Stapp's fault.

Believe me, I totally understand where you're coming from. I also think that this image that the media tainted Creed with stirred up enough controversy surrounding the band... which eventually made people more interested in actually listening to Mark and Scott's lyrical collaborations. I love the fact that bands like Creed, Live, and U2 have been able to write such great spiritually ambiguous songs. That was one of the saddest parts about the Creed breakup for me... knowing that there is no longer a Tremonti/Stapp partnership lyrically speaking.