View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #18
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: TGD certified Platinum by the RIAA

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) He did the same thing recently on their Last Call/ with Carson Daly performance. I actually posted something in the Music Matters section about how was hiding his hand the entire time. It was hilarious... and to top it off, they were terrible on the show.

They weren't downright awful on this show, but they weren't good, either. I wanted to give them a chance, but their type of music is lost on me, I guess.

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, whatever... I'm proud of being a fan of AB, such a fan friendly, down to earth, and talanted band. No matter how many records they sell!

I'm proud of being a fan of AB and Stapp as well. I thoroughly enjoy both. If all I cared about was album sales, I wouldn't be a fan of AB, Stapp, 12 Stones, Kutless, Sanctus Real, Pillar, Shinedown, many of the bands that I love. The only bands I'd like would be U2, Creed and Audioslave. That's about it. But I couldn't care less about album sales. The quality of the music is all that matters to me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Unforigiven Fan) I have been in many music and other stores who sell music, and there is a crap load of scott stapp records on the self still. He has not sold a million copies, there is no way. Like a post before before me, Wind Up and BMG (I think) shipped a million copies thinking Stapp would be a great hit, but that is falling flat on its face. (I have to say I do like his CD so I am not trying to bash him or the cd)

I still think Stapp can be a big hit, but I think releasing "The Great Divide" as the first single might have been a huge mistake. I believe that if they went in a different direction and released "Justify" or "Hard Way", that might have faired better. "Justify" would have proven that Stapp is not Creed 2.0, but instead a solo artist starting over again. I still believe that, if released, "Surround Me" could be a big hit for him, but I'd like to see WU release a harder single next.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!