View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Steve, the question had to be asked, in order to get your side of the story/opinion.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) i believe i made my statements in an adult self explanitory manner, in an attempt to make a point.

But you havent. This whole thread is childish. If you had honestly had a problem or a question, you should have PM'd Steve, not made a thread. If you wanted his opinion, dandy, no one else, apparently, needs to have this explained to them, but a public thread where you can try and prove your 'point', was simply immature. And yes, you can say it when and where you please, as long as Steve deems fit.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Personally, i saw nothing wrong with a differing view point of the concert from the usual, "how cool they are and we love you AB, oh yes we do" reviews. Not everyone that goes to see Alter Bridge is going to like what they see/hear, for their own reasons...they may like the supporting bands more...just how it is...and even tho it's an opinion, it is still a review, from their point of view, is it not?
If its an opinion about the band from and open minded person, yes, its a review. If its a statement from a person who is known to dislike AB, and isnt correct, we can make the assumption why it was made, and thats bashing. Its no different than if someone who didnt like Stapp went to a concert, came onto the board, and posted a 'review', saying he was off-key, off-beat, horrible voice, ugly, and oh, btw, they didnt like the concert, when an open minded person comes in, says Stapp sounded great....The BASHING (cuz thats what it would be) post would either be corrected or more probably deleted.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) As i understand it, there were TWO people there that nite that were told by security they needed PASSES to get autographs...one person had a set list for the concert they wanted signed. Just because others you asked didn't have this experience, doesn't mean that these two people are causing trouble and spreading untruths.
It is common knowledge from ANY fan who has gone to an AB concert that the band meets everyone out by the bus. Period. If they were told that, which i doubt, the it was a mistake with that particular security person. Not AB. And 2 people out of hundreds is a very minimal percentage, assuming that the information they gave was even correct, and that they werent together at the show.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Of course this is just how i see it...equal time for ALL reviews...both good and bad..that would be fair...man, some of the old Creed Reviews were really over the top...mostly bashing Stapp...i don't remember any of those reviews being "sanitized"...but then, hey, AB is a horse of another color, huh...
Im not sure what that wink was meant to prove, so ill just ignore it, ok?
By bashing, are you referencing, perhaps, comments about Stapp's behavior? Because see, THATS a valid point. Maybe not one of your favorite, but it is. Any of his performances for the rest of his life can have tangents drawn from the Chicago show, because THAT actually happened. That would be a FACT. Alter Bridge has done absolutely nothing to deserve these insinuations you continue to make, that theyre horrible peope, it just gets hidden better, or whatever. And yes, AB is a horse of a different color, one that doesnt go to show on drugs, one that doesnt get into bar fights. They've proved themselves to be different from Stapp. Now, Im not saying Stapp is a bad person. I realize those were all mistakes of his. But when a person makes a mistake, it still happens. If I go speeding down the highway and get pulled over, I will get a ticket. Im not going to say it was a mistake, and the cop let me off. There are still consequences, mistakes or no. One of his is that he will always be remembered as comitting these mistakes. If AB, or just Tremonti or anyone else displays the same behavior, I would lose respect for them as well.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller