View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah, Stapp sounded so great at those concerts where he was rolling on the ground intoxicated

Lol, I KNEW someone would say that. Anyway, I've never heard any live bootlegs from the Weathered tour, so I can't comment on how he sounded during that period of time. But I will say that he sounded amazing during the HC '99 tour, or at least based on the bootlegs I've heard from that time. Hopefully he still has that same vocal ability for his solo tour.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Seriously, though, this is exactly why I think that all star show did nothing but hurt AB. Myles, the greatest rock singer alive, sings like crap, Tremonti, the best mainstream rock gutiarist alive, plays like crap during his solo, and Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza go up there looking like complete fools, making a mockery out of the whole performance.

Ridiculous.

I still don't think Myles sounded that bad or that off. Like I've already said, I have heard much, much worse live performances. You know at Live 8? Audioslave performed there and I caught their performance of "Like a Stone". Cornell sounded pretty bad(he just didn't hit his notes well), far worse than Myles sounded at the derby. AND Cornell is regarded as the best vocalist in Rock today. I think that says something. Even on one of Myles' off performances, he still can sound better than a guy who is regarded as the best vocalist in Rock does on his worst performance.

As for Mark, I'll agree, that solo sounded a bit, for lack of a better word, funky. It just sounded different compared to the album version. I don't know why, though. But I still think Mark did a good job during the performance.

I don't think Alter Bridge was at all hurt by doing this performance. It gave them a good amount of exposure and I think that really helps them.

As for Myles being the greatest rock singer alive.......I'm not quite ready to say that, lol. He needs to make a few more albums, first. I will say that I would rank him among the best, right alongside Cornell and some others.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!