View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 02:57 AM   #25
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I'm not stupid either handmedown.... I've read enough articles and interviews to know that negativity about Stapp reigns supreme. It's the "in" thing...always has been...and it's never mattered to me what other's opinions of him are, it won't change mine.

What is childish and petty is the fact that throughout that entire interview, Phillips is saying...."I'm not saying....but". "I don't want to talk bad about Stapp....but". "I would use that term loosely" Blah, blah, blah.

I guess for the members of Alter Bridge, any convo is good convo...no matter if it makes them look like asses or not. And in my opinion, that's exactly what it did. If on the otherhand, in your opinion you find it "eye opening"....more power to ya.

I find Philips to give a refreshing interview and his PR skills don't really seem to be that strong. What I mean by that is that with flip what you see is what you get or at least that is the appearance from the outside. Information has being revealed by the AB guys that would have never being talked about previously. If three of his former bandmates have said negative things about him (whilst holding back) then that to me speaks volumes.

Stapp meanwhile is a very intelligent man and plays the PR game for sure. If telling the truth is looking like an arse then so be it. Brian is of the opinion that Stapp through his weight around in the band and did it so successfully that Marshall was given his marching orders over Stapp, although i'm sure there were issues such as substance abuse and a loose tongue that contributed to his depature. Flip didn't say he was a control freak but it was very difficult to acheive something within the band if Stapp disagreed.

Its too bad because I have spent a lot of time defending Stapp on other boards as a man but I can't continue to do it honestly. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Creed and won't love his solo work because to me is a muscian first and a person second.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie