Thread: MLB Playoffs!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:16 AM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I just got back from game 3 of the NLCS. Granted, my Padres were a joke to everyone outside of San Diego. But you know what? We were the best of the not so wild NL west. So, we deserved our spot in the playoffs. We beat ourselves and when you make mistakes against the Cards, they capitalize on them. I will say this though: The Cardinal bullpen is going to make St. Louis self destruct in the NLCS if they pitch like the way they did against the Padres. Of course I'm bitter watching my team and town get embarrassed by St. Louis AGAIN (the same thing happened in 1996). It's sad that money obviously buys happiness in this game. Pujols is an arrogant punk at times, but he still kicked our asses. Edmonds made a routine deep fly ball into a highlight by unecessarily jumping against the wall. LaRussa had the Cardinals bunting at times that weren't necessary... just to rub it in. We scratched and clawed back... but when you give the Cards an early lead... you're done for. Especially for San Diego... who doesn't have a real home run threat in the lineup. The most respectable guy in the Cardinal lineup is Reggie Sanders (whom I've met). Congrats to St. Louis... especially their starting pitching staff. They completely shut down my Padres. They have the best lineup in the National League... thank God Scott Rolen wasn't in there too. He ALWAYS kills us. Oh well, now we San Diegans are stuck having to root for Atlanta or Houston... whoever faces St. Louis. I'm also a Red Sox fan (I travel to Boston a lot)... but they're gone too. Now that the Cards have a few days off... they better get Izzy and the bullpen to relax... or else they may be in for a long NLCS.

Last edited by Chase : 10-09-2005 at 04:19 AM.