View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 12:55 PM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Lechium, saying that people reacted to this lawsuit on impulse is ridiculous. Just because you don't agree does not mean their opinions are not valid. Rock stars appearing drunk, high or both has been going on since the music began. Fifteen or 20 years ago, this lawsuit would never even have been contemplated; we live in a far more litigious society now. And according to the complaint, the standard language of *other damages deemed appropriate by the court* also was included in the lawsuit. If these people were simply out to get just their refund, there would be no need for such language. They are out to see what else they can get besides a refund.

Also, drugs and alcohol have been a part of the rock music scene forever. Some fans are just upset because they thought perhaps that Creed were different in that respect. People too often put musicians on a pedestal where they simply don't belong. As Jen said, why hasn't Marilyn Manson or Nine Inch Nails or Aerosmith been sued for similar incidents, or Guns N Roses? Because people expect that of them, but they don't expect it from Creed because of the image the band has tried to maintain. It's almost impossible to be squeaky clean in the rock world. Just the way it is. Creed are being held to this higher standard and it's just not fair. It's unfortunate what happened. I make no excuses or *enable* him in the manner in which others sometimes do with alcoholics or drug abusers. I worship the music, not the musician.

And Rob, the people here are not mean, otherwise, I would never have stayed here. I detect frustration on their part more than anything. If it's so hostile here, then why do you keep coming back?