View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 11:23 AM   #7
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by njcreedite
If you go to the SuperBowl and your team plays horrible....do you get your money back???  NO!!!  If you spend a fortune to see your favorite star on Broadway....and you get there only to see the understudy...do you get your money back??? NO!!
Where on the ticket did it give a money back guarentee??
It doesn't.  This is just the chance you take.  Grow Up People.

Uh - actually on broadway - if an understudy is present - you can get a refund or tickets to another peformance instead. That's why they put those notices up before you enter the theater AND in the Playbill if an understudy is being used. They will absolutely do that - because they understand the importance of giving people what they came to see - the star.

Also - I asked my friend who works for a broadway show promoter (who promotes all the broadway road shows) if what happened to Creed happened to a broadway show - where the lead perfomer was drunk and didn't sing and pulled what Scott did - she said they would absolutely refund the money of anyone who wanted the refund, because they realize the weight that the lead performer carries over the other members of the company.

The sports event analogy doesn't hold water. You WANT your team to win - but the enjoyment of the game isn't diminished if they lose.

However, in the case of a concert - if the lead singer - an integral part of the band and the glue that holds all the songs together - doesn't perform even close to what they do on each and every other show on the tour - then yes, I believe they deserve their money back.

<Bangs head against wall some more>

--*Rob