View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #42
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

29% is simply a number. It just indicates that some Alter Bridge fans are sitting in front of their computers for hours submitting vote after vote...apparently because its become very important that Alter Bridge LOOK like they are better than anything Stapp can do. Difference is, Stapp is being played in regular rotation on that radio station. They announce the song and they mention the release date of the CD. The other night the DJ said they get hate calls when they play TGD...then he said..."they must be Alter Bridge fans". They won't even call Alter Bridge's song by its given title, and it never shows up on the station's "just recently played" list. You can go ahead and pin your hopes on a number, but its also my understanding that this song they call "Metal" isn't on alot of station playlists. 29% means nothing if you can't get your song played on the radio.

Looks to me like Alter Bridge just has a fan base of 379,000...if its even that much.