View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) actually, i think it is quite the opposite...the fans that REALLY do believe in what he is capable of are the ones that WILL be here long after the rest have given up.
Well I'm sure you'll all be happy together. But I'm reminded of a local commercial for a furniture company. A young woman who just purchased furniture is sitting in a chair waiting for the furniture to be delivered. As the commercial progresses, she gets older (through the magic of television) and older until she's an old woman waiting in a rocking chair with cobwebs on her. The announcer says through the whole commercial: It should be any day now, any day now, any day now.

My point is, the longer it takes, the more likely it is that some (not all) will lose interest and move onto other things. They are less likely to run out and buy his new CD, and are more likely to wait until they either see a review or read about it on a message board. If you don't keep things fresh in the public's mind, the public is likely to forget about you.

Quote: the best is yet to come...whether the majority believe it or not, their choice...but information of any kind on how things are going is always appreciated...
Information is one thing, patronizing news from 'official sources,' such as Kiki, is something totally different.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.