View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #28
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Bye bye Wind-Up Records!

Quote: (Originally Posted by MackaN) taken from blabbermouth.net
A lot of the difficulties ALTER BRIDGE has encountered are attributable to the band members' history as part of CREED and facing others' agendas to keep the CREED business alive. "There are a lot of people who believed that CREED would get back together. It didn't help that some people tried to portray that to the public and even push for it behind the scenes," states Tremonti. "But with this termination, I think everyone will realize that CREED is officially in our past. CREED will never exist as a band again. We've moved on and we hope that everyone else can move on too," he noted.

"We realize we're always going to get asked about the past but there's just a lot of bad memories for us with CREED," Marshall says. He added, "CREED was a successful band for many years and there are some really rare recordings in the vaults, so there may still be future releases. I don't think any of them will come out for a long time but that's not really my call. The only thing I can say is that if there's ever a CREED release that the former members are involved with and proud of, you'll know."

that is really great news! there's been a lot of negative stuff going around about wind-up for quite some time in dealing with many of their artists.

i'd hate to be a stick in the mud, but i wonder if any of this has to do with the fact that scott stapp is still with wind-up. is the ab guys' animosity to stapp so hard that they just don't want to be under the same label has him or chance running into the studio with him or something?

i do, however, love the two ideas spoken of about the possibility of an ab live album before their next studio release and a creed disc of some sort however far in the distant future it may be. the band is over, but the memories, the fans, and the music, are forever.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"