View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #9
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Islam, Quran and Science

Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast121/lectures/lec02.html
Check this out, the greeks not only figured out all the orbits, calculated the circumference of the earth (off by 2%), found the earth was a sphere, and that the 7 planets were orbiting the sun.

But did this all 900-1000 years before Muhammed was born.

Plus most of the stuff in the quotes can be perceved as many different things, although the big bang one was neat. (As was the human development one) Although vauge, its definitly alot more when compared to other religious text.

many many thanks for the link X-terminator.........added couple more to my knowledge....thanks........but iam sure ull agree that what greek scinetist were doing was not common knowledge...........not accepted by man for many years........till recent times............atleast not in Arab where there was no civilisation or culture at all...........and Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) coldnt even read also.......and hadnt travelled too.................in any case.............i my self do try to search and inquire for information when i come accross any thing in my Holy Book..........ofcource its just some verses here that ur not reading them in the whole context of their place in Holy Quran so ur feeling it can be perceived as many things but not for me.........heheheh...............but thanks for the link..........