View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 04:54 PM   #28
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) this got me thinkin'.... as much as we all may object to Scott playing Creed songs while solo, it's not a bad ploy for him. most people, i would imagine, wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference whether it was tremo/flip/brian playing, or just 3 random fill-ins. yes, it's unfortunate, and yes, he should move on, but i guess he has the right to fuck himself over before he even begins.

You're right. I've never debated the idea that Stapp playing Creed stuff would booster his career. In fact, it's a great way for him to build up his name in the music industry again. However my issue is why live on the past? If Stapp wants be known as "that guy from Creed" then let him play as much stuff from Creed as he wants. If he wants to be known as "Scott Stapp" then he should solely focus on his solo career and not Creed material.

I thought Stapp sounded pretty good in the performance. However his voice is still not the same as it used to be, and it's very clear. Just pop in a bootleg of Creed from 1998 or early-mid 1999 and you can hear a tremendous difference. Anyone who says otherwise has to be completely biased because it's very apparent he doesn't sing the same as he used to. Before Stapp used to hold notes longer, sing high notes higher, etc. He doesn't do that anymore.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"