View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #2
johellion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i posted this over at the AB board but i thought i'ld post this here as well.

Now mainstream rock radio at the moment is filled with these "pop-punk" bands who can barely play one fast muted chord over and over. What am i hoping for (and i'm sure the band is as well) is that Alter Bridge along with bands such as Velvet Revolver can be part of a mini-revolution that makes people forget about Simple Plan, Good Charlotte and the like and embrace bands who can play their instruements.
*puts on best arnie accent*
Come on Mark become the Terminator and rid the world of these crappy bands, you are back. What did Arnie say to Mozart? I'll be Bach!

As long as the shredding is contained in "catchy" songs then I think its a distinct possiblity, as long as the marketing is done properly. VR can do it with Slither and other songs off Contraband and Alter Bridge can also be part of the action. Audioslave is also bringing out an album later this year and Tom Morello, Slash and Mark Tremonti rocking the airwaves!

As a very handy by-product Myles could also make having a singer who can do just that a mandatory part of the pie, not a handy extra!

Who's with me?

Can I get an Amen?

AMEN!!!