View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
X-Files to Continue on Film

I don't know if we have any hard-core "X-Files" fans on this board (like I am), but in case we do I wanted to post some awesome news I read for a new life of X-Files on the big screen.

Duchovny to Star in 'X-Files' Flick

March 29, 2004
LOS ANGELES, Mar 29, 2004 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- Hollywood actor David Duchovny confirms another "X-Files" film is in the works, Moviehole.net reported Monday.

"It's definitely happening," the star of the popular "X-Files" television series and 1998 film told reporters in Los Angeles. "(Series creator) Chris (Carter) has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects his on-screen alter ego, Mulder, to develop in the film, the actor said: "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show ... I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film, which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."

Duchovny will soon be seen in the big-screen comedy, "Connie and Carla."
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)