View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #1629
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

April 29th

"Slave to freedom."

At age 17, I craved freedom. I dropped out of high school, got kicked out of my house, and began living for myself. Six weeks later, I began to realize how unsatisfied I was. My so-called freedom had made me a slave to desires that were quickly destroying me. The world had lied to me. Power, pleasure, and popularity had not satisfied me. I was empty and alone.

So I turned to God. I desperately needed fixing; who better to turn to than my own personal Creator and Designer? Alone in my Florida apartment, I go on my knees and asked God's forgiveness. I begged him to change me.

Life is quite different now. Things I used to live for don't matter anymore, and I hunger for things I used to run away from. God has not taken away my excitement; he has changed what I get excited about. For the first time in my life, I'm content. God has taught me that only he can satisfy my eternal longing for pleasure and peace.

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

Psalm 16:11

Heaven