View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #61
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) Uncirtaindrummer-

I can respect that you believe what you believe it is your right , however it is frustrating when people are blinded by their faith to dismiss any argument made with out so much as thinking about it or cross referencing its just "Oh well its againts the teachings or my God it MUST be wrong" I am just trying to get people here to think cuz it you don't ever question your faith (in my opinion) it isn't worth dick. I would put forth that God would want people who cross reference and scrutinize rath than blind faith Just my

I completely agree with that. Look, I'm Catholic, and constantly debate, argue with, and discuss with Protestants, and I almost always win the arguments. Several times they even ADMIT I won the arguments and still go one beliving whatever it is they believe.

I certainly don't blindly take for granted the Bible. I have done research and it is satisfactory enough for me to believe that the Gospels are valid historically. From there, I arrive at the Catholic Church.

I would ask though: Just suppose you ever DID think begin to think the Gospels were historically valid. Would you then believe in Christianity? Or would you not even if someone adequately proved their validity?

I am just curious about that. I don't want to get into an argument about it.