View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #23
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Wow! Do you mind me asking how you know this person? Were do you live? Wish I had those kind of contacts!

I belive you, tell us anything new you hear from you contact!

believe me, man, I'm nobody special...I just get lucky occasionally, but, my motto is "better lucky than good"...LOL...in any case, I am mixed about my feelings on his "taking it down a notch"...on the one hand, I'm completely selfish and I want more more more of stuff like the note that ends FTR, BID, or his long note in "Save Me" because I LOVE that old school-type stuff; on the other hand, I think that most of the great vocalists have had their one "show-off" album, then they try not to do that as often so that they won't be pigeon-holed as the singer that ONLY does that...Myles showed the boundaries of his range better on ODR (especially if you include "Save Me") than he has on any other album of his (including Second Skin), so I totally understand why he might want to not do that as much on the next album...rest assured, though, Myles ALWAYS finds ways to show his versatility and skill on whatever he's doing...and, hey, if you think of Second Skin as a "notch" down from ODR (vocally speaking), I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with him doing that...