View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #31
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) But it's not a crime if those who DL actually buy the CD. Every CD I've ever DL'ed, I now own. Like I've said, I believe in supporting an artist by buying the CD. Like you, I have discovered some awesome music by DLing an artist first. That's how I found out about bands like 12 Stones, Kutless, and many other bands I listen to.
If I would buy every CD I download I would spend way more money than I make. I download music and albums all the time! Actually, I am one of those who downloads everything, besides from band I really care for, which means: Alter Bridge, Creed, Submersed, The Mayfield Four and now Scott Stapp. That's about it... I know it's bad 'cause you don't support the bands, but I try to support them by going to their shows instead. Which I could never afford if I didn't download their music. And if I buy a CD, the first thing I do is to pop it into my puter and rip it up to my harddrive. Then I listen to it through my computer and my iPod. I use my computer as my stereo, since I have kicking speakers on it. And hardly ever even listen to the record...

Since Monday, (today it's Wednesday), I have downloaded 3 albums.

-Shinedown - Us And Them
-Default - One Thing Remains
-Scott Stapp - The Great Divide

And the only CD I will buy out of those 3 is, of course, The Great Divide. (Which is very unusual). It's not that I don't enjoy the music, it's really good, but I'm too used to download what the heck I want before its release. If I should start to buy everything I could never afford the things I can afford now. Couple of things I've downloaded:

-All the 10 Friends seasons
-The first season of Friends spin-off; Joey, and all the aired episodes of the second one
-All the episodes of a swedish show called "Hey Baberiba"
-A bunch of movies, the last one was "Hostage" in DVD quality
-A lot of cool concert DVDs, like Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Alter Bridge, etc
-Games like Quake 4, GTA San Andreas, GTA III, NHL 2005, Need For Speed: Underground 2 and Max Payne 2
-Cool programs like Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Sony Vegas, etc, etc
-And about one album a week, I guess. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But the thing is I can get all these albums in CD quality weeks or maybe a month before its release

And that's just a couple of things... You see, it's really hard to resist!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 11-02-2005 at 08:27 PM.