View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 09:13 PM   #12
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) Please don't take that the wrong way, that just because Stapp wasn't singing, that's the reason I didn't like it. I just honestly don't think there's anything really special and unique about Myles' voice. It just sounds kind of ordinary IMO.
Good point Kim. It's not just because Scott wasn't singing.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Kimvan) And yes, Shadow, miracles have been known to happen - for example, The Eagles said they'd reunite "when hell freezes over", and when they did reunite, they named their tour the "Hell Freezes Over Tour"!! Bon Jovi is another example - sometimes the band members just need a break from each other, and sometimes it can be a long break, to do other solo stuff, etc. So call me extremely hopeful, but I still hold onto that hope. Peace...
I forgot about The Eagles - good point. I've mentioned it before on this board about Bon Jovi. I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan - another band that I've been with since the very beginning (seeing them as an opening band). There was one point where Jon and Richie didn't speak to each other.

I hold onto that hope too Kim.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) The only way I can explain it is that we [here] over hyped it.
We were all just waiting and waiting for something, anything. I think we all missed Creed. Nothing went on in 2003 with the band and then the rumours started flying in November 2003. It's all relative. I haven't heard the radio stations here (NY/Long Island) play it and I've made it a point to listen to the radio as opposed to CD's. Sometimes music is like that - it will be really hot in one part of the country and not in another. (Unless of course it's a band like Creed or Bon Jovi, etc. that's huge and played everywhere).