View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 05:01 PM   #59
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well I don't mean HE won't do anything. I mean, this song is not going to bash down doors for him. He might get some people from the same audience, but I don't think he will sell that many records. Gold, maybe platinum after a while.

Remember, OYE was EXTREMELY radio friendly and look what happened there.

Anyway, the song isn't god-awful but it is... boring. I mean there is nothing in that song that is different than any other song I have heard on the radio. I expected that of course. It IS a tad heavier than I thought it would be, which I suppose is a plus. But then again I have basically stoped liking this genre of music, period, over the last month or two...

I think the one thing I was hoping for was good lyrics. Cuz that is what he is, the vocalist. In AB I hope for unique riffs and good solos, in other bands you look for different things, etc. etc. I was hoping at least that he'd give some good lyrics but although they could have been worse I was extremely dissapointed by them. I think he even did better on HC, and everyone knows my opinion of that album...

Of course most bands (ESPECIALLY post-grunge) these days have bad lyrics... even bands I don't mind listening to, i.e. 12 Stones, Alter Bridge, etc.
I'll have to agree with uncertain that the lyrics in the great devide weren't the greatest, but they by far blew away relearn love and if this is just the title track it wil be really interesting to see how diverse the rest of the album is. It was heavier thanmost thought, but I do not think it was boring, it has a good rythm and the song moves, the 15's may not go thump, but I dont think a majority of us want to hear stapp be eminem.
Secondly There is no way that anyone that stapp has playing guitar is going to be tremont, it may sound a little like his style, but its not. Who exactly is in his band? is that the guitarist from the tea party or someone windup dug up?
Hey how about conspiracy theory?Isn't a little strange that creeds website is still up and running? Maybe wind up believes that some fires may be rekindled in time, who knows..stapp rules, brige kicks ass...bring back creed please!!!!
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...