View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Here's the three things that upset me most about Creed haters:

1)They say that all Creed songs sound the same. This really upsets me the most. My brother is a Creed hater, and, anytime a Creed song came on the radio while I was in the car with him, he always said "it's a crappy Creed song". I'd then say that it's a good song and their songs are good. Then he'd say "but all of their songs sound the same". And so started a 5-10 minute argument about how not all of their songs sound the same. He really based this judgement on just their radio singles, the big hits. Never did he hear the MOP stuff, the stuff that was praised by so many. It's just ridiculous.

2)They base their opinion of the band off of one member or one song. This happens a lot. Most people that hate Creed hate them because of one member of the band or one song. Mostly, I've noticed that people hate them only because of Stapp. They say, "he's an egomaniac", "he's an ass", "he has an annoying voice", "he's a Eddie Vedder rip-off" etc. It really stinks that they are allowing Stapp as a person play a role in whether they like Creed or not. My Brother-In-Law owns Human Clay, but now no longer hates Creed and bashes Stapp often. Also, a lot of people let just one Creed song define Creed as a band. Case in point: With Arms Wide Open. They think that, just based off of this song, that Creed is a soft band, comparable with a lot of the corny bands on Pop radio today(Simple Plan, Good Charlotte etc.). Truth is, they've probably never heard a song from MOP, the hardest Creed album of them all. If they heard just 5 songs off of MOP, they'd realize that Creed was not a pop/rock band, but rather a ROCK band.

3)They hate Creed simply because Creed had a ton of success on Pop radio. It is unfair to hate on a band because Pop radio plays them a lot. If people are using this standard to hate Creed, then why not hate Green Day and U2? They've had a lot of success on Pop radio, yet are regarded as two of the best bands out there today. Creed's hit songs(on Pop radio, that is) were not Creed's best songs, but rather their most Pop radio friendly songs. The members of Creed had no say in which songs were released as singles. That was Wind-Up's call. It's really annoying to see them hated on because they just so happened to have a massive amount of success on Pop radio. Bottom line is, don't judge a band based off of a few songs, a member of the band or based on the success they have.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!