View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
MetallicAttack
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Robin,
I, like many, was a huge Creed fan, and yes, most of that was due to Stapp's amazing vocal talents and lyrics. Although, in recent times, we realize it wasn't just Stapp with the lyrical talent, as evident in Alter Bridge's music, mostly thanks to Tremonti, the other force behind Creed's success. I'm actually disappointed in how "average" the lyrics for this song are, but the song is great, very catchy and "radio friendly" as they say. It's very sad how Alter Bridge decided to go the Scott bashing route now that he's getting exposure on the radio. I can see Flip's, Mark's, and even Brian's frustration at the situation with Stapp, seeing as the lion's share of Creed's downfall was on Scott's shoulders, what with the addiction, divorce, pain, and everything else going on in his life. Obviously, the way Creed ended wasn't going to be a very "favorable" situation for all parties involved, but they could have left it alone, rather then try to reopen old wounds. Now, onto the future. Alter Bridge(Creed 2.0 lol) is a great band, with many records sold, and Stapp is getting some much needed relief for himself with his new project, I wish everyone Creed and non-Creed related the best in the future. By the way, welcome to the board Robin, not that I'm a grizzled veteran or anything lol, but there are good people here, have fun.