View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #13
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Sam Harris: An Atheist Maifesto

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) In response to bilal

I really can't say that I agree with you 100% with you on this Yes Questioning is key it is important you need to ask the hard question the right quetions. but when it comes down to it the biggest question is Where is god and if he is there Where is the proof?

The answer fom this can not come from religious doctrine because it is unrelyable we need an unbiased un corrupted source and the closest thign to that is science and science has yet to prove god. and they way things go in science is that things aren't until proven so much like the US legal system innocent until proven guitly. the problem is god has yet to show up to testify in heis own defense. the last thing I really want to see is more apologetics to defend faith I would love to see proof rather than doctrine.

fair enough..... Lunar...... you see.... here i would like to say just one more thing ......that i would ask you to read .......since i am sure, reading my post must be a bit hard due to most of the grammatical mistakes you have to endure...anyways..... its exactly what i belive in too....that i am sure in earlier days when religion was new to the world, or new to still some parts of the world, the series of Prophet hood was in continueance..... many scripts were also given to these prophets, most of them are not known to the world now, except for some prophets of ALMIGHTY GOD and 4 famous books.......... now... there will be no more prophets or holy books coming to the world, cause all that needed to be taught to the world was concluded by LORD ALMIGHTY ............. but i belive...... the prophet of present day world is Science....... now.... science obviously cannot give proof of the existance of GOD, as science itself is the explanation of the world and processess created by the Supreme being that created all.......but science can validate those unexplained things in the holy books...... that were obscure or meaningless for the people of the past........since the only heavinly thing present in the world are the holy books................. no one seeking interest in religion needs to see how much faith does an already relgious person has, or by what the people of a particular religion has made out of it.......but he needs to seek the source.....and that is the holy books........... as science progress...it has unlocked many misteries contained in these only heavinly objects between us.......... like the orbiting of every single thing around its axis ( we know now that even atom has molecules rotating in its axis) ....... the last thinkg i recall from my recitation of my holy book related to science was a verse saying that if you want to escape from the boundries of the earth, you cannot do it unless you use great force ( we see how the space rockets are fired by great force)...... the point i am trying to make is that i belive Science is the present day Prophet......and one seeking interest in religion should consult the source......i.e holy books............... again i will appreciate your logical arguments ...... but i hope that you will use your efforts not just to prove something wrong but as i said about questioning earlier......... do direct this questioning against your own beliefs (non-beliefs too) .....ofcource ...it wont hurt......