View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Jgaull, your points have been made by many others on the board. It's possible they have been pushed back to previous pages. I've stated my case on several occasions and pretty much agree that showing up drunk showed poor judgment and that had I been there, I'd have been disappointed and angry, but most of all concerned about his welfare and the pain he apparently was in.

I agree pretty much with what Marcos (the poster with the longitude and latitude) said in this thread. No one is perfect, he made a mistake, it was a bad one, but he deserves forgiveness just as anyone does. It's maybe easier for me to say that, as for some of the those who posted it was their first show and most likely an incredible letdown. Plus, I got to see him rebound in Philly.

I think I can say in all honesty that I would have cried having seen him in that condition and I'm thankful I didn't have to witness it. I feel very bad for the people who did have to see that. Self-destructive behavior leaves those who care about you helpless a lot of the time because the only person who can stop it is the person doing it. It's horrible to watch. And I'm pretty sure Scott Stapp will either issue an apology and possibly schedule a make-up show when he and the band have had a chance to catch their collective breath.