View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #105
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: *The Official "Full Circle" Reviews Thread*

Here is EW's pathetic review

"Creed have unequivocally not returned with an album that will make you reconsider their merits as a band. Instead, they've set the time machine for 2000 with Full Circle, a standard collection of self-serious crunching-about, complete with Mark Tremonti's rarely dull (if sometimes overbearing) guitars and Scott Stapp's good ol' Vedder-derivative vocals. With exceptions like jangly grower ''Rain,'' it's heavier than the radio riffs of Creed's early days, and for messianic modern rock with a woe-is-me lyrical bent, it's not bad. Not sure who was asking for more of it, though. B"

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20315897,00.html

My thoughts:

The album sounds nothing like a creed song from 2000, like she insinuated. I wonder if this woman has ever really heard their previous stuff before. Tremontis guitar 'overbearing"? This bitch is about to get slapped. And "Scott Stapp's good ol' Vedder-derivative vocals"? That's it. She's dead. She seems to think Rain is the best song(idiot). "Not sure who was asking for more of it, though."...Uh, how about the 35 million people that have bought their records? What a dumb cow.

The only thing I agree on is, lyrically, the songs are about the writer. Not like bigger issues such as, faith, society and humanity that other Creed albums dealt with. This album is on a much smaller scale when it comes to that.